- Using a fillet knife, remove as much of the fat as possible from the roast.
- Preheat an iron skillet / dutch oven at 225 degrees F.
- Place the roast in the hot skillet. (You may have pieces that are not attached to the main roast anymore. That's ok. Just place all of the pieces in a small pile in the skillet.
- Sprinkle generously with dried chopped onions or 1-2 medium sized onions, minced.
- Sprinkle with additional seasoning of your choice: garlic powder, salt, pepper.
- DO NOT add any liquid.
- Cover the roast with the lid or cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook at 225 degrees F for 4-5 hours.
This roast will make its own juice and will be fork tender at the end of its cooking time. Leftovers from this roast make great sandwiches!