Saturday, February 27, 2010

Although we have had record snowfall here in the South, I am turning my thoughts towards Spring. While finishing the last bowl of my very own recipe Deer Sausage Potato Cheese Soup, I am planning my tomato plants for this year. Last year was our first year to attempt to grow vegetables (and in containers), and the results were very poor - to say the least! We really started them much too late and they hibernated I guess...they bloomed, but never produced until after summer was over.
This year, I am turning to the professionals. I have ordered two Tomato Success Kits from the Gardener's Supply company. With a name like that, how could I go wrong? With a self watering feature, organic dirt and fertilizer...I am expecting a bumper crop of tomatoes! Now I need to learn how to can my own tomatoes! That is next on my list! Check back and I will post my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Guess I should have read further to see that you ordered your self watering tomato plants/containers! :)

    Kim
    The Misplaced Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete