Thursday, January 14, 2010

What I did with the leftover roast...



I do enjoy having leftovers in the fridge...however, my family and I do get weary of eating the same meal over and over. Here's what I did today with the leftover roast...

We enjoy Chicken Enchilada Casserole. So, why not Beef Enchilada Casserole?
Here's the recipe I created.
Ingredients:
4 Tbs Oil
1/2 Onion
2 Stalks Celery
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 Flour
2 1/2 Cups Beef Broth
Leftover Roast
1 Can of Rotel
2 Cups of Grated Cheddar Cheese
12 Corn Tortillas (torn or cut into quarters)

Mince onions, celery, and garlic in the oil over a medium heat. Add flour and cook until flour begins to brown. Slowly add broth and then Rotel. Layer in a caserole dish with the remaining ingredients, beginning with the beef mixture. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until bubbly in the center.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds soooo good. Doesn't help that I'm currently hungry either. ;) I am going to have to do this sometime soon. I'm wondering...could you could use just about any type of meat with this recipe. Also, about how much meat is needed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you should ALWAYS change a recipe according to what you want (or what you have on hand!) When I use chicken, I change the broth to chicken broth. I have even been known to add beans (black or kidney) and corn. I rarely use recipes, so I rarely make anything exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete